Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

In Through the Out Door: Love it or Hate it?

ledhead67

What is your opinion on the In Through the Out Door album?

I think it is magnificent. It gives us a new outlook on Zeppelin material, and is refreshing because it strays away from the old stuff, and experiments with bold, new sounds.

However, some people find the album to be pretty terrible. They think this album is proof that Led Zeppelin sold out, stopped making the quality music they're known for, and strayed towards the new ideals of mainstream just to make money.
What is your opinion on the In Through the Out Door album?

I think it is magnificent. It gives us a new outlook on Zeppelin material, and is refreshing because it strays away from the old stuff, and experiments with bold, new sounds.

However, some people find the album to be pretty terrible. They think this album is proof that Led Zeppelin sold out, stopped making the quality music they're known for, and strayed towards the new ideals of mainstream just to make money.
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 12:11 AM - Quote - Report!

-Vogel-

A little of both, some songs I like, some songs I don't like.

I love the album cover though :D
A little of both, some songs I like, some songs I don't like.

I love the album cover though :D
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 10:47 PM - Quote - Report!

ElThomas

i really love fool in the rain (sentimental reasons as well as a love for the magnification of all the members talents) but i cant stand carouselambra. it doesnt really stray from the old stuff. it actually sounds a lot like the second disc of physical graffiti which is in a toss up with zep III for my favorite album i really love fool in the rain (sentimental reasons as well as a love for the magnification of all the members talents) but i cant stand carouselambra. it doesnt really stray from the old stuff. it actually sounds a lot like the second disc of physical graffiti which is in a toss up with zep III for my favorite album
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 3:34 AM - Quote - Report!

GreenburgGibson

Ehh, its ok. I used to hate it but its grown on me. Ehh, its ok. I used to hate it but its grown on me.
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 10:13 PM - Quote - Report!

Sloopy

It's my favourite. It's my favourite.
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 6:03 AM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

Awsome Zep album IMO, it might take some time to get used to, but now it's one of my favorites with PG, Presence, HotH and III. Jimmy's playing with JPJ is great IMHO, and Bonham's drumming seems good. Awsome Zep album IMO, it might take some time to get used to, but now it's one of my favorites with PG, Presence, HotH and III. Jimmy's playing with JPJ is great IMHO, and Bonham's drumming seems good.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 9:51 PM - Quote - Report!

TonyRandall

hot dog is my favorite song of all time... hot dog is my favorite song of all time...
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 3:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

I like the album, but I have complaints about it in a couple of areas...

Page's guitar playing is weak on this album; I'd never noticed his sloppiness, nor did I care, until this album. Hot Dog sounds like he let someone who'd been playing for two weeks record it, IMO...

And Plant's voice had gone to hell. He was more just yelling on the album than singing. Fact, not fiction my friends.

But, when you get past those two things, it's a look at how incredibly diverse Zeppelin were. That is, to say the least, the most unique album they'd ever done.
I like the album, but I have complaints about it in a couple of areas...

Page's guitar playing is weak on this album; I'd never noticed his sloppiness, nor did I care, until this album. Hot Dog sounds like he let someone who'd been playing for two weeks record it, IMO...

And Plant's voice had gone to hell. He was more just yelling on the album than singing. Fact, not fiction my friends.

But, when you get past those two things, it's a look at how incredibly diverse Zeppelin were. That is, to say the least, the most unique album they'd ever done.
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 4:14 AM - Quote - Report!

TonyRandall

thats what makes the song so amazing for me... and jp is a bit sloppy. but i love the song still. thats what makes the song so amazing for me... and jp is a bit sloppy. but i love the song still.
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 5:24 AM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

I still love Hot Dog, it's a fantastic song, but I can't get around how horribly he played it man. Just can't. I still love Hot Dog, it's a fantastic song, but I can't get around how horribly he played it man. Just can't.
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 7:53 AM - Quote - Report!

TonyRandall

ya, but that was the beauty of the song.

i like the feel of it.
ya, but that was the beauty of the song.

i like the feel of it.
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 6:16 AM - Quote - Report!

Carswell98

I agree with P&Hfan, it just isn't the same Zeppelin it once was, though it is unique, I think the oddball style of the album is due more to the growing external pressure to reinvent themselves because of the growing popularity of punk, hair metal, etc... I agree with P&Hfan, it just isn't the same Zeppelin it once was, though it is unique, I think the oddball style of the album is due more to the growing external pressure to reinvent themselves because of the growing popularity of punk, hair metal, etc...
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:10 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand